Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"For this boy I prayed, and the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of Him.  So I have also dedicated him to the Lord; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the Lord." 
1 Samuel 1:27-28

Sunday, February 16th was John's baby dedication at First Baptist Church of Dallas.  It was a GREAT day!


John had so many family members present- Granny and Papa Smith, Papaw Hassell, Grandmother and Granddaddy Hassell, Aunt Rebecca and Uncle Taylor, Uncle Andrew and Aunt Alyssa, Gam and Grandpa Clarkson, Aunt Heather and Uncle Blake, The Cooks (Marsha, Don, and Jonathan) The Berryhills, The Hamiltons, The Kirklands, and Carolyn.  WHEW!

John did so well throughout the dedication- there were six other children also dedicated by their families... I am so excited to see him grow up and make friends with these children who I know have parents who value their spiritual lives as much as Matt and I do for John!  Really this was a chance for Matt and I to stand before the church and vow to be a Christian home for John and to lead and teach him about Christ.  

After the service, we ate at El Fenix downtown.  Papa Smith said that he was excited about four things- Seeing John be dedicated, see family, see the new church and hear Dr. Jeffress, and to eat at El Fenix! haha 









We pray that we will provide a home for John that praises God in all we do!








No comments:

Post a Comment